Tuesday, January 24, 2012

These are the days of Miracles and Wonder....right?

 So today was one of those days that started out rough. It is gloomy and gray and dreary. A day you just want to curl up by yourself and watch movies with a steaming cup of hot tea. I don't allow my kids to watch movies on the weekdays so....that plan was out. Instead they took their energy out by making as much noise as was humanly possible as close to me as possible. Oh,and getting into fights. Augh! I sent them to their rooms to play until I could make myself sane again (cleaning and quiet) and then made it up to them by promising to make valentines cookies together later, and giving them ice cream after lunch. Now that I am writing it down they seem completely spoiled, but let me assure you, the ice cream was more for me at that point. Which brings me to my next point:
   I am usually SO good about eating healthy and staying fit, but I get pregnant and my body turns into Jenna Mulroney from 30 Rock  in her 'Me Want Food' episode. Even if I start out healthy my day usually ends up with me eating chocolate in bed at 10 p.m.  I have no idea where my self-control goes. In my head I picture it hearing the words pregnant; then screaming, and running far far away. Of course, now that it is winter, especially on these gloomy days, all I want to do is bake. It cheers me up. I love making things that everyone (I mean me) loves. My husband gave me the great idea that instead of eating the things I bake, I can take start sending out goodie packages. Which is such a great idea, but are we mom's everywhere having the same thought? I have 2 children under the age of 5, and its winter. I try to avoid going anywhere : 1. That isn't fun for the kids  2. Includes waiting in lines for an extended period of time 3. Isn't really necessary . Which means my usual trips out are the gym, grocery store, visiting, and the mall play area/park. Everything else happens only when I am desperate! So I am stuck at home eating the cookies I bake. Sounds rough huh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment